Learning Log 7

I think my group did a good job on the Literature's Romeo & Juliet performance.However,I thought we could have done better if I shouted even louder during the actual performance as the role of Tybalt.My members told me to shout slightly above normal voice because the camera won't be able to record my voice clearly and  I did so but it turned out not conveying my anger,I only used about 25% of the voice I usually uses during rehearsals.I really regretted not shouting with in my loudest voice.I was always quiet in class and nobody actually saw me shouted before or even raise my voice slightly a bit.During the rehearsals,everyone was really shocked when I actually shouted my lines and acted angrily as it was the first time they actually saw me being angry.It was also fun competing with other group's Tybalt in showing the anger.We had spent a lot of time on this project and I think it was worth the time because we did well in the performance.Even before we were told to rehearse,we had already rehearsed a few times and we spent the whole one-week-holiday and the days before the performance rehearsing.We really put in a lot of effort into this performance hoping to do well in it.Though we had rehearsed countless times,just before it's our turn to perform and during the performance,all of us were actually really nervous.The time we spent together were also valuable and enjoyable.Definitely,my group's performance is up to my expectation.I think everyone did great,but I could have helped my group doing better by shouting what I normally do during rehearsals.I have learnt that doing well in the performance requires time.I was thinking that just a scene of the act actually takes months to prepare,how much time do you exactly need to use to prepare for the whole act?I think it's fair,those that put in efforts score,while those that does not will not score.The day before the performance,I saw commitment's acts,they were really good and almost perfect.When I saw the first group's act,I was really nervous,even as the audience.That was because I was thought every group's standard was that high.But I was sort of relieved after I saw the second play by another class which I think they did not put much effort in because most of them forgets their lines a lot of times and does not know when and what to do when it's their turn to act.I think  spoiled their performance so badly that I actually started pitying them.I would recommend this performance to the juniors because this performance is really interesting and enjoyable and I think they too,will enjoy it very much.I really liked this project,and feel a little sad after the final performance ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment